- 1 ½ lbs ground sirloin or ground turkey meat
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 jalapeños, diced
- 2 cans Rotel with green chilies
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can hominy, drained
- 1 packet of dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups water
- In a Dutch oven pan, brown the meat with the diced onion.
- Drain any oil.
- Return meat and onion mixture back in pan.
- Add remainder of ingredients.
- Bring to boil.
- Turn down to simmer for 2 hours.
- Add an additional cup of water if you want a "soupier" consistency
- Use hot Rotel if you want spicier
- Reduce amount of jalapeños if you want it milder
Garnish with shredded cheese and sour cream