- 1 to 1½ lbs ground beef (20/80%)
- 1 sleeve (¼ lb) saltine cracker crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ to 1 can evaporated milk
- ½ lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Long loaf of French or Italian bread
- Combine all ingredients except bread - be gentle.
- Pile all ingredients on top of load that has been split lengthwise.
- Place on rack on baking sheet in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- After, you can add more cheese on top and bake another 5-10 minutes until crackly on top.
- Remove from oven and set to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and stuffa-your-face. You will win every potluck you attend!